Bob Ross
your god hates me

Bikes: 2016 Richard Sachs, 2010 Carl Strong, 2006 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked 1,305 Times in 720 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_lha
Trouble sourcing the components because they're now 8 years out of date?
Ha! No, Richie won't even discuss components until the frame comes back from paint. It's getting all brand new 2015 or 2016 stuff. I had some very specific requests as far as wheels and saddles, not stuff he usually procures, so it's taking a few more weeks than is (apparently) usual.

Originally Posted by dr_lha
I admire your patience. As lovely as those RS frames are, I don't think I could wait 8 years for anything.
Well, the trick is you don't "wait" for it: You put down your deposit and then you forget about it. You get on with your life, you ride your other bikes, and then eventually out of nowhere you get an email and it's like "Oh yeah, right... Woo-hoo!"

Originally Posted by chaadster
That's utterly absurd to me. I love bikes, madly appreciate craftsmanship, and have a collector's tendency, but that is just an absolutely absurd scenario to me.

I hope you're over-the-moon when you receive the product, but man, I just can't imagine how you must be engaging with the process, the man, or the bike that would generate that outcome.

Please, post, pics, I guess?
I'm not even sure I understand what you're saying (bolded, above) but if you want to get an idea of what my thought process was back in 2007 when I placed my order, read this entire thread:
"The way-yay-ting is the harrrrrrrr-dest part"

Oh, and don't worry, when I finally receive the finished bike I intend to spam all the cycling forums with pics!