Thread: Easton EC90
View Single Post
Old 03-09-03, 04:34 PM
frankfic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I originally fitted my bike with the EC90 bars and used them for about five months. They were destroyed in a car accident and I opted to replace them with a Deda Newton oversized bar. The two main reasons I went with a different bar were that I would like to use an aero-bar attachment for certain events, and this is not recommended with the Ec90 bar. Also the reach for the shifters was to extreme for me. I use Shimano shifters, and may have shorter than average fingers, so if you use Campy or have long fingers this may not be an issue for you. The Deda bars are stiffer, but I think the Easton bars were stiff enough. They were certainly light enough, may have provided additional road dampening and looked very cool. I didn’t like the fact that they snapped like a twig when I lifted the bike up after the crash. They were the only thing damaged on the bike. However I can’t say with any certainty that Aluminum bars would have faired any better. Finally the price was significantly higher than my current bars.