Old 01-24-16, 07:48 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
I've wrenched for two UCI-level guys who were on the first edition TK1s, both disliked the bike, but were on deals where that was what they had to ride -
One sold both his frames the day his deal was up and went back to a previous Tiemeyer (partially 'cause he was a broke racer, but also because he disliked it)
The other traded his gen1 models in, got gen2 frames and said they were substantially improved.

In talking w/ Jenny Reed while working on her bikes, she had the option to be on a TK1sprint, and she bought her own Look instead (cash, out of pocket).
I think the same goes for all of the US sprinters that ride TK1s. All of a sudden all of the fastest guys in the US (Baranoski, Massie, Lakatosh, etc...) and even NJsane Phillip (close friend of the aforementioned) all showed up on Felts. They were on Dolans & LOOKs before that. I think it was a big marketing push by Felt. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Felt is investing in track cycling. I just think that they could make it better for sprinting.

Notice that no one outside of the US, TT, and MX ride Felts...especially sprinters.