View Single Post
Old 01-24-16, 10:17 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Camping is different things to different people. I will say that I've done a fair amount of "camping" that's really just "let's party outside for a few days." When you're in a group where that's the focus, getting people to quiet down can be challenge. Ultimately it comes down to the campground. Some places accept that kind of behavior, and some places crack down. If there's a drunk, rowdy group, and the campground personnel are not stepping in, then there's probably not much to be done.

One problem with touring is that you're always passing through. Locally I can figure out which campgrounds tend to be quiet and which tend to loud, but when touring, you find out when you try to sleep, and you may never pass that way again.

When I'm bike camping, I try to camp as far from anyone else as possible and always have ear plugs. I figure if people around me have come to the campground to party, I'm probably not going to be able to change their minds. I suffer through it and try to remember which are the good places in case I pass that way again.