Old 01-25-16, 09:50 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
i know you asked carleton, but i'd say that those wins were certainly NOT pre-arranged. the Revolution series is a UCI event. People are competing for world cup and world championship qualification points. it's not a six-day.

with six-days, it's an open secret that some events are... "choreographed." Fixed isn't quite the right word, but the promoter will communicate to riders that certain events are their time to shine, and the promoter will make it clear that the success of the event depends on close competition that builds to the final madison of the final night.

Fixed is a bit strong because, well, riders don't want to be told what place they're supposed to finish in. they want to race. but they do know that there are certain events where the little guys are supposed to win, and there are certain events when it's game on for the marquee names. I've heard of more than a few instances where a too-strong attempt by the promoter to dictate who finishes where backfires pretty hard as the teams that don't like what they're told gang up on the teams in front of them and try to **** up the plans pretty thoroughly.