Old 01-25-16, 02:15 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnyvincent
Maybe I should look into local riding clubs? At first I didn't think I'd be into that kind of thing, but it is starting to seem like it makes sense to help push myself harder.
I did a group tour this summer. I have never pushed so hard for so long. I was terribly afraid of getting dropped (which still happened ) but i had never dreamed I could ride so hard as I did just to avoid the embarrassment of getting dropped.

Terrible motivation, terrible psychology ... but I find riding solo that I cannot come close to that kind of effort. So, yes, group rides can help. When you get dropped, oh, well, but if you are like me, some days you will hit a level you thought was impossible to even approach (and still be off the back ... )

Don't do it if it isn't fun. But don't be afraid to try it.

I'd tell you how much better than me you are doing, and in so much less time ... but i hardly think you want to use me as a standard. You seem to be doing really well, and after only a month? I should be asking You for training tips.