Old 01-26-16, 06:52 AM
vinnyvincent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
Well, that'll work; but at 14 mph, aero isn't what's holding him back. What he really needs is to get stronger.

I'd recommend sprint intervals. Go ALL OUT for 30 seconds, then coast/pedal easy for a minute or two until you're recovered and repeat. Don't watch the average speed for the ride, it'll be low. Start with 3 or 4 sprints, then gradually increase the number of intervals you do in a ride as you're able. Once you get the number of intervals up to maybe 10, drop the number of sprints in a ride, but increase the length to a minute. On off-days, ride at an easy pace that feels like there's no load on your legs. Do that for a month, then try your 'tempo' ride again. I bet it'll be a bunch faster.

This sounds like it would work really well. I'm definitely going to try this for a month starting tomorrow. I think right now if I go all out I could probably sustain 20mph+/- for 30-60 seconds, so if I got to where I could maintain something like that for any length of time that would be amazing.