Thread: bike height
View Single Post
Old 01-29-16, 12:28 AM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Last year my wife and I visited Montreal and rented bikes for a cycling event. Our son also rode with us, also on a rented bike. He's 3 inches taller than I so I got him an XL frame size, while I rode an L. As you can imagine, it wasn't too convenient or practical to do a complete bike fit setup for a one day ride. But the most interesting thing I learned is that while my son is 3 inches taller, his legs are shorter - meaning his height is made up in his torso. Yet to complicate the matter further he has proportionately short arms. Now before you all make funny jokes or post cartoons - he's actually quite striking in visual appearance and has been a featured model in several Montreal fashion magazines. And here I thought I could bequeath my bikes to him some day. Guess that's not going to happen. What I failed to consider is that perhaps it's MY body geometry that's strange, not his. I must have long legs, short torso, and lanky arms. Now you can post the cartoons!