View Single Post
Old 01-29-16, 11:50 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeezebox
I would like to do some rail to trails stuff, also some national forest fire roads. Various posibilites near St. Louis. Right now I only have a road bicycle. I tried the Katy trail a couple of times and the narrow tires sank into the damp crushed limestone. So what has been your experience with 28, 32, 35 width tires , on crushed limestone & gravel? I'm sure frame geometry is part of the issue also. Yes I do need a touring bicycle.
From another thread you started:
"I cruised Salsa bicycles this morning. I know about the Fargo, it looked interesting. But I would expect better quality steel for the price. Then I looked at the Cut throat. WOW!!! A full carbon bicycle for $3K, with a carbon fork with bolt-ons for front racks. I've never seen a fork like that. Decent Scram equipment. Better drive train is available for another $1K. I hear Salsa is sold out until next fall. I called the shop I worked at 35 yrs. ago, They have one coming in as a floor model. My model, my size. They were wiling to put my name on it. I've changed my underwear since then, and am interested to hear from anybody with Salsa CutThroat experience.:"

So, what's wrong with using your Salsa Cut Throat for this rail-trail?

cheers