Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Here's how I knew something was different:

I was playing Little Big Planet on PS3 with my son who was around 8 or 9 at the time. He was stuck on a level and he handed me his controller and says, "Will you do it for me?" So, I complete the level for him as he sat there quietly and watched. Then I reach to hand the controller back to him and he's like, "No...keep playing. I'd rather watch you play." And he sat there totally content for hours watching me play the game.

That's what's happening.

Watching someone do something you like to do but do it better than you can.

Training and practicing to play is frustrating for a while then rewarding when you beat the game. But, watching people do it is fun without the frustration.

You are like my good friend who also doesn't "get it". But, to people who grew up on video games, watching pros play video games is just as fun for us as watching pro sports is to people who grew up playing sports. I'm pretty sure that our great great grandfathers thought baseball was stupid, too
No, I get the watch your friend who is better, even at video games. Done it myself. But going pro? That's too much, and I know it's just about my perspective as a general non-techie semi-curmudgeon.