Old 01-30-16, 03:30 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by edwong3
You know what "Smallwheeler"? I am trying very hard to understand your unusual sense of humor, and eccentricity.

And let me tell you that the folding bicycle world does not revolve around Dahon. Much of the designs you see on frames are not exclusive to any brand. They are usually created by independent design bureaus and licensed out to any manufacturer that desires to incorporate that frame into their model line up. Oh sure, some designs are exclusive but the one you see on the Spin 3 and 5 aren't by a long shot. As someone else mentioned, there is s brand in Asia called the FSIR that uses that same frame. So no, there is no conspiracy to "steal" Dahon's intellectual property.
trying to understand my eccentricity is not going to be a good use of your time, eddie. however, one thing you could do is provide some citation for the factual claim you have made (for the second time) that dahon designs come from some sort of communist design collective. i can't seem to find any data to back that up. i wouldn't be surprised if their claims of "designed and engineered in the usa" turned out to be completely bogus, but it would be really neat-o if you could prove your claim.

Last edited by smallwheeler; 01-30-16 at 05:01 PM.