Old 01-31-16, 11:28 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
I will take your advice about not using my time to figure out your eccentricity.

As far as my comment, this is privileged information I learned from an industry insider who travels to mainland China and Taiwan several times per year. There is a reason why there are such similarities between products with different brand names, but no, to you they are "copycats" of certain boutique, and over priced articles which shall remain unnamed to help keep the peace around here.

And lastly, I don't know why you didn't notice but today, the only thing "communist" left in China is how they elect their leadership. Other than that, they are teaching the rest of the world how to run a free and open economy, and quite frankly, we here in the US begrudgingly know it.

So coming back to the manufacturing of bicycle products or any other industry for that matter, yes, mainland China is a major hub for not only making but designing those products as well.

Originally Posted by smallwheeler
trying to understand my eccentricity is not going to be a good use of your time, eddie. however, one thing you could do is provide some citation for the factual claim you have made (for the second time) that dahon designs come from some sort of communist design collective. i can't seem to find any data to back that up. i wouldn't be surprised if their claims of "designed and engineered in the usa" turned out to be completely bogus, but it would be really neat-o if you could prove your claim.

Last edited by edwong3; 01-31-16 at 11:46 AM.