Old 02-01-16, 03:02 PM
gsa103

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito (Celeste, of course)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Elysium32
Regarding the saddle....I must say it is really really weird. The shape is just not something you would expect. I normally just sit on it and let my body do the rest. (meaning it has a relatively nice shape that helps you find the best spot on it...sometimes I need to push myself a bit backwards so that the pelvis would rest on the cushions). Then again my issue is that it just feels off (regardless the slight tailbone pain I have....it just doesnt feel okay. I guess thanks to its weird shape). Has anyone had the same experience?
Fiddle around with the angle of the saddle. The SMP saddles are very sensitive to angle adjustment. Basically, you wind up sitting in the depression, so you want the saddle to appear slightly nose up. I suspect you have the saddle setup so that the front half is basically level and the tail rises up? What you want is more of a basket effect, where you naturally slide toward the back end of the saddle.

Selle SMP recommends starting with an initial position by using a level directly across the nose to tail of the saddle. From there many people drop the nose 1-3mm, and find that position good.