Old 02-02-16, 02:22 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bleumeon
I'm still a bit unfamiliar with different geometries but what is the primary difference between a racing geometry vs an endurance geometry? I don't mind a slightly aggressive geometry as long as its comfortable for casual and long distance rides.
The thing is that it's different for different people's bodies because of their genetics, body layout, flexibility, etc. Some people find that even though they want a relaxed ride a "race" style of bike fits their body better, others have the opposite and find that despite wanting a fast responding ride that an "endurance" geometry fits them better.

And even handling varies from one bike to the next. I find the Trek Domance (Endurance) to be a boring ride. The Specialized Diverge I also found boring. But the Specialized Roubaix (also Endurance) the last time I rode one I thought it was actually a little to twitchy and responsive for my taste.

This is one of the reasons why people usually buy the bike at a local shop, because it gives you a chance to test ride that bike and make sure that it fits you well and that you like how it rides, before buying it. This makes a much bigger difference in enjoyability of the bike than whether you get tiagra, 105, or ultegra, in my opinion.