View Single Post
Old 02-04-16, 01:05 PM
morganw
benter

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur w/ GMAC, Bacchetta Giro 20, Specialized AWOL, Breezer Downtown EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timtak
Rx inserts are small and prevent long and low position.
My bike fitter noted that I was tilting my head up in order to see forward through my prescription lenses. With my neck at a better angle, I'm looking right at the top edge of my specs. My Rx sunglasses are similar.

I tried riding with some trial contacts and am certainly more comfortable tilting my head down while rotating my eyeballs up. I might go this route, but...

I'm having some Smith Optics Rx ODS3 inserts made for ski goggles and I noted that they sit up quite a bit higher in the goggles than normal glasses. I will try the insert with their Pivlock cycling sunglasses but expect they'll have the problem timtak noted.

Looking at the Rudy Project glasses with Rx Direct Inframe (Horus, Ekynox Sx) or Rx Interchangeable (Rydon, Royz, Magster) and Adjustable Nose, I wonder if these could be worn high up on the nose to for head-down riding.

Anyone have experience with those? Or non-prescriptions cycling glasses with two lenses (not the one-piece "shield" style)?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jack-nicholson-the-shining.jpg (19.9 KB, 90 views)