Ty0604
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Fuji Jari

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanscottdavis
For the future, and anyone doing the Erie Canal, a great public campground is in Holley, about 20 miles west of Rochester. The "Canal Park" is right on the canal, features electric bathrooms with showers, and a waterfall.

There's a number of free legal bike camping on the canal Locks, another is Lock 30 in Macedon, NY (20 miles east of Rochester). But Holley takes the cake with the showers (only place like it on the canal to my knowledge). Lock operator on duty with police patrol at night, meaning fewer ruffians.
That looks amazing! If I'm going from Youngstown, NY to Rochester is this a viable option? Right now I'm planning to camp for free at a city park in downtown Rochester but this place looks amazing!

Originally Posted by Squeezebox
Have you ever rode into a state park or such, grabbed a shower and moved on?
No and hopefully you're not doing that. I have, on previous tours, gone to campgrounds with shower facilities and asked if I could use them after explaining my circumstances (I.e. My campground not having shower facilities). Some say no and I move on. The ones that say yes get a great review on Yelp and I always offer to pay. The ones that say no don't get a negative review just no review at all.