Old 02-06-16, 12:37 AM
bleumeon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry for the bringing up an older thread, but given that BD's 51 cm size correlates to a 54 cm ETT length would BD's 51 cm be the appropriate size for me at a height of 5' 9 1/2"? I did a rough measurement using this calculator: Bike Fit Calculator | Find Your Bike Size | Competitive Cyclist and gave me an approximately 54 ETT length. Or would I better be served with BD's 53 cm size that correlates to a 55 cm ETT length. I've only been getting into cycling recently and still don't understand a lot. What is the importance of getting the correct ETT length. What would the reprecussions be if you got a top tube that was too short or long?

As reference I ride a vilano tuono in size 54 cm--this is the ETT length as I just measured it right now. I've been riding it every day for the past 5 and a half months without any discomfort but mostly for shorter commutes.

On a different note does BD regularly restock their bikes? I looking to purchase the gran premio elite in the next few months or so as my first "serious" road bike but its current out of stock on BD.