DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Join In the First Annual SBOA Century

Attencion Fifty Plusers (50+rs)

Perhaps some of you remember the classic Bob and Ray sketches, "Slow . . . .Tal . . kers . . . . of . . . .A . . me . . ri . . .ca" - the STOA? They drove you nuts!

I want to do a century this summer for the Slow Bikers of America. This would be in the Denver area and would utilize our wonderful trail system, for an easy, relaxed, "your total time must average 10 mph or slower" ride.

I can plot out a wonderful ride including Chatfield, the Platte River Trail, the Cherry Creek Trail, going north from Chatfield to 104th and back that would equal 100 very scenic miles. No cars, and on a weekday, few people. Lots of places to stop and relax. Several restrooms along the way.

Because of medical problems I haven't been able to go a full 100 miles the past few years, but I would like to do that again. But I have no desire to go out and "race" in a Century with 1000's of other folks who want to see how fast they can finish.

And spouses would be welcome. While my wife can't do the 100, she would love to ride with us for about 20 miles, then return.

Would you like to spend a few days in Denver and the Rocky Mountains? We also have GORGEOUS mountain trail systems nearby, and it could be a cycling adventure for you.

We could have an "after" dinner at my house or a restaurant, and do other fun things.

We could get a "SBOA" t shirt

Any takers?

Last edited by DnvrFox; 11-27-05 at 09:33 AM.