View Single Post
Old 02-06-16, 01:13 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
I have used two different pairs of Rudy Projects- one is a Rydon and the other had a shield that clipped on to the glasses (which had clear prescription lenses). I don;t use either now, because I have three sets of Oakleys and I don't need more glasses (plus prescription lenses are ridiculously expensive). So like I had mentioned earlier I think- the one that had the clip-op shield, was simply too front-heavy. So I used to use the clear base glasses for MTB night riding. The Rydon became my favorite. It has a rose/brown tint which was good for most conditions, though not great for bright sun like we have much of in Colorado. I'd never get a clip-on type again. The Rydon is very nice though...decent view and grippy. The bridge also sits higher. Then again, so do all my Oakleys and any good cycling-specific frame should sit high and provide good view while riding. I splurged on the Oakleys with a dark grey, grey-clear transitions, and VR28. If I wasn't such a chicken, I'd do Lasik and have 5-6 sets of different lenses.