Old 02-07-16, 07:29 AM
John33702

Bikes: Specialized Fatboy, Schwinn 3rd Avenue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Disgusted

I haven't long been in this forum and already have seen enough to make me quit. One man who is extremely arrogant and rude, and makes nasty remarks that had nothing to do with my post, is now on 'Ignore'. If he was the only problem, that would be okay, but I saw something, last night, that made me wonder if it was worth staying here.

Somebody asked if they should use grease or anti-seize compound on a square crank axle. The answers went both ways: Yes and No. It turned into a battle for mechanical knowledge supremacy, boasting about their involvement with manufacturers, some saying the axles must be greased, and some saying they mustn't. One man, in disagreement with another, said: "100% wrong!" Is it possible to be 89% wrong or any other degree of wrong?

My point is, the member who wrote the OP now doesn't know whether to grease or not grease the crank axle. He settled for not greasing it. It seems to me that every post soon turns into an argument. Nothing is gained. So it becomes pointless seeking help.

So I'm out of here. And, yes, I know... don't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.