Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs

Look at Stucky. he has owned top-tier CF, has certainly ridden a bunch of steel, and has settled on aging Al as his favorite. Is Al his favorite frame material? is it "best" for him? No ... his 1997 Klein Quantum Race is the Best Bike for him ... so far. The frame material is just one part of it ... he likes the bike.

There is no "Best" and people who ... well ... once again, my favorite color can beat up your favorite song.
Very, very true, Maalox [ ]

I do love my Klein- but even despite the fact that it has endured for 19 years thus far, I do imagine it as being rather fragile (It already has a dent in the downtube). I like to try different things- especially when it comes to bikes. I tried CF....may even try it again one day; I do seem to like steel the best- but I've never tried TI, and I haven't ridden steel in many years, so I may feel differently about it today, after having ridden CF and AL....who knows?

I don't like to obsess over bikes though. If it has 2 wheels and air in the tires...pedal it, and enjoy! But it is fun to try different things- especially with there being so much variety out there. Will I get a vintage steelie next (I do love DeRosas!) or will I build up a Chinarello? Maybe I'll do both! It's all part of the fun.