Old 02-08-16, 05:59 AM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevelewis
Thanks again for your input.
Going with a custom build sounds exciting and I think that's what I want to do. But you are right that I don't know what to pick!! I guess just find a light frame that appeals to me, red22, dura ace c24 tubeless (because I love tubeless even though it comes with a weight penalty!) And then what's left? Just Handlebars, stem, saddle, tires and pedals?

I have a great relationship with the bike shop I go to. They know me very well... Do you think local shops build up lots of bikes like this where the customer picks everything themselves? Also, going this route do you think I could get everything done (including labor) for $5000? (Maybe with a used frame set?)
... and seat post and bar tape... and bottle cages.... and computer and bell and frame pump and saddle bag and fenders and mirrors...

Well, in the winter, building bikes keeps them from getting bored, but spring is around the corner, so you'd better hurry.

It may be do-able if you get a good enough deal on your frame set, and if you tell the shop that your budget is $4000.

Last edited by kbarch; 02-08-16 at 06:09 AM.