Old 02-08-16, 04:36 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by asmac
That depends. I avoid sidewalks but occasionally go there to avoid a narrow lane or construction. I go slowly and defer to pedestrians. I don't think it creates a big danger. Riding too fast for the conditions or just recklessly is problematical whether you're on the road or a sidewalk or an MUP and that's the issue if there is one. Of course it also helps if pedestrians pay attention to their surroundings.
Originally Posted by vanguardx3
Pedestrians should "pay attention to their surroundings?" How about cyclists stay off the sidewalks and obey the law. Pedestrians should not be forced to be on the look out for irresponsible cyclists such as yourself ready to mow people down.

Cyclists don't have the right to ride on sidewalks because of construction or a narrow lane.

I have no sympathy for that kid. He broke the law, refused to show ID, breaking the law twice, and got what was coming to him.
I'm sorry, but I saw NOTHING in asmac's post to indicate that he goes around "mowing" pedestrians "down." And in certain states, Florida for one it IS legal to operate one's bicycle on the sidewalk UNLESS local laws prohibit it.

Now clearly where the cyclist lives it apparently it IS illegal for one to operate their bicycle on the sidewalk.