Old 02-08-16, 09:37 PM
wrldtraveller

Bikes: 1999 Raleigh 24 spd Mtn bike, 2019 Trek ALR Checkpoint touring bike, 2012 Scott Speedster S30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilfred Laurier
When I lived in Toronto, whenever I saw a someone riding on the sidewalk I would do my best to block, or at least inconvenience, them. My favourite times were when walking my dog and I would detect someone riding up behind us on the sidewalk and I would let the leash out as far as it would go, and my dog seemed to know why and would walk on the opposite side of the sidewalk so getting past was impossible. If the person said anything or rang their bell I would ignore them except for slowing down significantly.
This would be illegal. as we are supposed to share the sidewalk with whoever happens to be using it. If a cyclist are behind you, make room. They are the most vilified and the most hated by the society at whole, just for being a cyclist. It is difficult to maintain balance in a crowded sidewalk at walking speed. We are required to follow the law by adding a bell so that we can communicate our intent of passing you because we can cruise at a quicker speed.

So we do give plenty of room for pedestrians, grant us the courtesy of letting us pass you.

W