I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,548 Times in 1,053 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Private MVs take up too much space around the passenger and are thereby too space-greedy. Not only that, they go fast enough to be hazards to bicycles, pedestrians, wheelchair users, etc. So allow local delivery trucks through streets in dense areas but only if their trips on those streets are short. Motor traffic should move efficiently between or around dense sectors but not through them. A private MV trip should end at a parking lot on or near a big road, and from there, the traveler should do the last mile or so on foot or bus or bicycle or something similar.
What do you folks think?
Outside of the LCF brand of pleasure derived from sticking it to everybody who doesn't share their lifestyle choice, what is the significant gain for anybody from such a scheme?

Ya do realize that many if not most bicyclists, pedestrians, and even wheelchair users may prefer to use or be driven in their privately owned automobiles to and from their home on many if not most occasions when they leave their neighborhood; especially in inclement weather or if they are not up for a mile walk to and from their car at every stop on their travels. How does everybody (including bicyclists, pedestrians, and even wheelchair users) or anybody gain by a scheme forcing them to park a mile away from their destination? Do their automobiles take less precious space or what?