View Single Post
Old 02-10-16, 02:07 PM
jawnn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb the end!

I rode to town and back on only 7.5 psi because I had a slow leak. but I was able to carry a full load back, because the side walls are so heavy duty. Unfortunately there was a lot of rolling resistance. but at 33psi it works fine.

The world will never change without some one complaining. “Why try to change the world?” Well that reminds me of one of the Republican dupes raving about how “Obama is trying to change the world”!

People who maintain the status qua by complacency are responsible for the world's dysfunctionality. I have been researching how to live car free for longer than most people have been in denial of so called “climate change”.

I would not have needed to go through this rigmarole if the bicycle industry would make a really strong glass resistant cycle-truck tire, in a 20 x 2.1 inch size. The strongest small tire I could find was a Duro made for BMX jumping, not road use.

Next bike I build will definitely be able to use moped tires on both wheels. The biggest tire I found for the rear is a Maxxis 2.3 x 24” not sure it will fit. And it is probably not any more glass resistant than any other mtb tire.

I did ask the Suomi tyre people, but they said I would have to order a thousand tires to get them to make any with stronger double casing. And I can just forget about sintered rubber.

I definitely recommend using a steel rim; my aluminum rim took a beating. And I had some problem with the stem getting in the way of the bead seating right, so I had to push the stem in and pull on the other side of the tire.

I believe these will become popular when people realize that with a motored cycle-truck the extra weight makes no difference!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
moped%u00252Btyre%2B1.JPG (45.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by jawnn; 04-01-16 at 12:01 PM.