Old 11-26-05, 06:41 PM
StalkerZERO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rockaway Gateway Greenway Path Brooklyn: have you done it?

Hey all.

Well it was a spur of a moment thing. I didn't plan on riding it. It was like after 3pm today saturday and I didn't have much sunlight left. But all of a sudden I found myself riding the path. The Rockaway Gateway Greenway path is part of the Gateway national park area here in the south tip of Brooklyn New York by the way.
It really was a race against time to finish the path before the sun went down. After that it would have been more dangerous to ride. I don't have reflectors on my fairly new carbon specialized roubaix pro and alot of the bike path was on multi lane highways. Anyways, I started near floyd bennet field and followed the path north east toward cross bay blvd. Then headed south over two bridges to the rockaways. Then I headed west toward the gil hodges bridge to head north to where I started off at. Total trip time for me was 1 hour and 50 minutes. I didnt follow the path totally as I went all the way to cross bay blvd before I headed south. Part of the path sucked though as some of the smaller bridges and streets had debris and pebbles like a freakin mine field.....oh my poor carbon roubaix.
Here is a link to a .pdf file of the map for the rockaway greenway path. Have any of you locals ridden it before?

Rockaway Gateway Greenway Path............