View Single Post
Old 02-12-16, 09:57 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4237 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Thanks, I didn't see any cracks when I looked them over. Right now the wheels (or at least the rear) is going on a bike that's going to be on a trainer for the next couple of months anyway, so I have no immediate worries about the brake track, but eventually I'm going to ride outside again (right now my main time to ride is pre-dawn, and it will stay that way even as the weather warms), so I'd eventually like to get an idea of whether or not (or rather how soon) I'm going to have to replace the rims.

Given that I like wider rims I might just get a set of the gen 2 rims, tape them together, and swap the spokes over one at a time (the ERD only differs by 1 mm, which shouldn't be an issue). Hopefully these grooves in the rim are wear indicators and I've got a fair bit of time yet (as the new rims aren't exactly cheap). I'll have to get them on the bike and on the trainer and see how they spin.