Old 02-13-16, 10:31 AM
shlammed

Bikes: Norco Bigfoot, Miyata 110, Giant TCR Advanced 0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtseymour
When you flipped the standard double SLK crank for the captain, did you reverse the pedal threads? Was it easy to do?

For the stoker crankset, did you find an older spider that would fit the spindle? I gather that the drive-side spider is now permanently bonded to the spindle. Did you also reverse the pedal threads on the non drive-side crankarm?

We ran flats last year so it really didn't matter to flip the pedal itself. The stoker rear last year was stock, so no pedal mods are required.

Flipping a clip less pedal should be as easy as changing the bearings in your specific pedal but changing the left and right spindles before reassembly. Shimano pedals would be great for this and they make the best pedals imo.

I have found that an fsa slk pro on eBay has the right look and spindle for a non adjustable chain line with double chainring to pair with the slk tandem timing arm/drive.
The only reason for all he hybrid talk was to get a narrow Q double chainring with spindle on the right drive side with the timing arm with spider on the left side. I have bolted my double chainring arm to my tandem timing arm with spider so I know it will work, it's just building a frame with enough chainring clearance being that the double crankset uses a much narrower spindle.

I will try to get some pictures for clarity when I get time this weekend. We have a newborn at home.so I don't get a lot of time to tinker there days.