View Single Post
Old 02-14-16, 01:05 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by hack
Folsom "Winter" Crit (hard to call sunny and 70 winter ... but it is February)

35+ 3/4 (fake west coast category): 2nd of 78.

Just me and one teammate. Plan was to attack endlessly for kicks and to keep things fun. If that led to a break, great. If not, teammate would lead me out to about 100m before last corner where I'd jump and ride off to glory (worked for @mattm later on in the 123 race). Most of it worked. We attacked a lot, but nothing stuck. I lost teammates wheel with about 2 to go and had to burn a lot of energy to get back on his wheel with about 3/4 of a lap left. Once I got there, we took off. Like a good teammate I yelled at him to keep going once we got to my designated jump location and like a better teammate he kept going. Got me through the last corner where I didn't have the legs to hold off a loan chaser that got me at the line for the win. Poo.

E3: 7th of 47

Spent from the last race, so plan was to sit in and gamble on a sprint. Threw that out after about 5 minutes and got into a few moves. Nothing stuck for the duration and we were all back together with about 3 laps to go. On the last lap, we had a pretty sizable crash that took out most of the field and I was lucky to be ahead of it. There was a bit of mixup with the remaining 12 or so of us as guys tried to figure out who was left. Last corner was a bit scary, but was able to get something in, but not enough for points. Double poo.
You guys raced that really well.