Thread: Wtf
View Single Post
Old 02-14-16, 06:19 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I assumed that neither person could be affirmatively placed in the car. I've never heard of that situation, where both were present, preventing charging someone. There must be more to this story than we're getting here.
From what I gathered from the article they were both in the car at the time that the crash happened and both are now playing SGT Schultz, i.e. "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing." And in his case it's a damned good thing as he'd have been shot as a collaborator.

Originally Posted by Rollfast
Nope. All the occupants are culpable, and if they weren't operating the motor vehicle, they did nothing to stop it and are accomplices.

Generally, all are going to be tried for the crime or a related charge.

This is if they do it like we do.
Agreed, that's how I see it. And also correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is also a conspiracy to cover up the original crime as well. No matter how one slices it, this is one MESSED up case. And for the life of me I do NOT know how either of them can sleep at night.

I wonder if the cyclist was to arrange for a ride of silence up and down their street once a week if it'd have any effect on them or not?

Last edited by Digital_Cowboy; 02-15-16 at 11:48 AM.