Old 02-15-16, 11:13 AM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by h2oxtc
What's the name of the app? Sounds interesting.

A friend of mine has an app on his iphone that allows his wife to see where he is while he's out riding. Not sure if it sends text msgs though.

I use an Android phone, will have to check the Google Play store.
For an Android phone, the free, RoadID app uses what they call eBreadcrumbs to track your location via GPS. It's very similar to Garmin's Live Track and it's in conjunction with their stop notification feature. Other cycling apps, like RideWithGPS, MapMyRide, Endomondo and Strava, may offer similar features but those features are usually found on their premium versions. For those that use an iPhone, Cyclemeter has a live tracking feature that, if enabled, sends an email out to whoever you select at a specified time or distance interval. I use this feature when I do charity rides of 32 miles or more or when I do multi-day rides. I set mine for time intervals so if she gets an email from me and I haven't moved from where I was at on the last email, she will call or text me to see if I'm OK. Like Garmin, Cyclemeter updates it's web site every so many minutes and if she has the web site with my web page up, she can actually follow me as I ride.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress