Old 02-16-16, 01:09 PM
shlammed

Bikes: Norco Bigfoot, Miyata 110, Giant TCR Advanced 0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtseymour
Our team weight is around 310 lbs. The LB rims have gone through more than a year of use on my mtn bike and tandem. They've stayed true and show no sign of wear and tear.

I built both sets of wheels and my LBS checked the dish & tension. Like me, they were impressed with the rim quality. I didn't use nipple washers because I've never used them on any of my wheels. Spoke manufacturers and builders (eg. DT Swiss and Wheelbuilder.com) don't refer to washers in their spoke calculators or custom options. It should be noted that the LB rims have very precisely drilled holes, and washers may interfere with the fit. I lubed the spoke threads and spoke holes to avoid windup.

Carbon rims offer a subtle but noticeable improvement in comfort. I treat it as luxury option for longer rides (70 miles +). Good 28mm tires also help regardless of rim choice.

Not sure what you mean by aesthetics. We prefer a low-key look and ordered the LB in bare carbon (matte clear coat) w/o decals.
That's encouraging. thanks.

By aesthetics I mean a deep profile rim, that looks different than your standard low profile wheel found on cheaper bikes or box section rim. 30mm deep vs 18, not specifically decal packages. Both the Easton r90 and the LB rims would be tidy in regards to decals.