Old 02-16-16, 04:00 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by denis123
High crime rate is due more to poverty than high density. There are many dense cities outside the USA with low crime rate. In Canada, the crime rate is lower in large cities than it is in the country.

Many places have started to address the problem of UHI. Heat island effect can be reduced a lot with white roofs and green roofs. They are now mandatory here in Montreal. Other measures include planting more trees and light colored pavement. UHI also exists in subburbs around large parking lot in shopping centers for example.
That is more of the "it could be dreaming" that we so often hear. When you google most dangerous places to live the usual suspects almost always come up first, even the top 100 will get a nod from most people. Yes some day in the far future they may work out a solution but for now it exists and is not a case of what we could, should or would have done. Saying what could be done is simply an excuse to ignore what is. In other words a theory that to date isn't proven. When you google UHI do you get information on suburban parking lots? Unless things are very different in Canada I don't think so.

When you google Hunan Scaled City do you get a city or a concept?

When you search crime rates on places you want to live does it say anywhere that the poor are more likely to be the criminals? Is that also a theory? Or are you saying there are more poor people in dense cities and so the crime rate is higher?

i know this is getting repetitive so I an pretty much done. I will simply finish with I do not accept that a tightly packed urban area is a better way for humans to live and raise children. It may be better for the ones governing but it isn't for the ones governed unless they would rather be controlled.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 02-16-16 at 04:12 PM.