View Single Post
Old 02-16-16, 11:01 PM
SirrusEliteDisc
Sirrus Elite Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doug64, no need to get hostile. I know that you and other EMT's and other first responders are trained to look for Med-Alert tags. I also have personal experience with local First Responders who had no clue what the Road ID was. They thought it was just another plastic wrist band.

I agree with you 100 % about educating cyclists about proper identification. Those that think the handlebar mounted cell phone will still be in place after the crash may want to give that theory another thought. If the impact is great enough to dislodge the rider, the cell phone will probably launch too. Time spent searching for ID in saddlebags and other places separate from the rider will be time lost tending to injured cyclist.

Both of the friends I have lost to cycling accidents were dead on impact from the cars that hit them. The bikes looked like they had been bombed. We picked up pieces that the police didn't have time to look for for days after the crash. Some were more than 200 feet from the impact site.

I also believe that if you don't wear a helmet, well that's what natural selection is all about.