Thread: bike height
View Single Post
Old 02-20-16, 07:20 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 670 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
One thing I can recommend to you is Joe Friel's book specifically for 50+ riders, http://www.amazon.com/Cycling-Past-5...ords=joe+friel He has a good chapter on bicycle fitting, each step is explained and plenty of photographs to help you understand what is being done. The whole book is a very nice tool for the over 50 rider to use as a primer for beginning, or returning to cycling.

He actually has several useful books, I use his Cyclist Diary every day, to record all of my rides and stats, his books on training (especially the latest "Faster Past 50") are go to for many of us. They aren't pricey, and most are available in Kindle format, too.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no connection to Joe Friel, or Amazon.com, just passing along a thought.

Bill
I want to echo Bill's recommendations of Joe Friel's work. I also have no connection to Joe, except appreciation for what I've learned and in a few cases accomplished!

I'm starting over again right now and Cycling Past 50 is again on my nightstand, with Fast after 50 right under it.