Old 02-20-16, 08:29 AM
rapattack

Bikes: EziGo zoom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Trouble installing new battery i bought online

I bought a battery from Aliexpress as was advised to do so from the guy that distributes the bike i have. He is the only one that distributes the ebike i have in australia. As i cant get him until monday aussie time i thought i would try and get some advice here. I finally got the meter lights to show on the handlebar after the distributor said to reverse the polarity with the pins that sit under the battery but the battery doesn't last long and from my observation it goes to green(charged) too quickly. My battery that i have been using for 2-3 years since i bought the bicycle has more life in it than this one i bought. Which basically has the same specs as the original according to the distributor. I can see though the pins(4) that the battery connects with have a different base so i am trying to find things to lodge in there. They included a different set of pins to rewire into the bike but the distributor said on the phone(he is in a different state than me otherwise i would take it to him to install) no you just have to switch the pins around as the polarity was the issue. The phone line was bad and i think he mentioned something about doing more than that. The new battery came also with a base plate that was different so have to work out how i am going to be able to put the old battery back on without having to unscrew and rescrew the old plate. I have damaged that anyway so dont want to do that. Phew um might have to take some photos tomorrow. This is my bike btw Happy Feet - a Light Folding Electric Bike | Ezi-go
and this is the battery i bought Electric bike bicycle battery 36V 10ah lithium polymer battery buttom discharge Li ion Lithium ion with BMS and Charger-in Electric Bicycle Battery from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group .
This is the ezigos page on the batteries he normally sells Electric Bike Batteries | replacement batteries for e-bikes . Basically he said he is winding down the business and he may or may not order more batteries so he recommended i get it myself from aliexpress.