View Single Post
Old 02-21-16, 01:37 PM
oldacura

Bikes: 1998 Co-Motion Co-Pilot, 2015 Calfee Tetra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Any recommended source for the spiral wrap?

Also - just getting familiar w/Di2: I've watched youtube videos on adjusting techniques. The reason we got it was that everyone here who has it loves it. We went for the widest range recommended: 52t x 34t in front and 11t x 36t in the rear. Though we won't often ride the small/small combo, it looks like the front derailleur cage will rub on the outboard face of the chain in this combo. Can this be trimmed out or is trimming an auto function controlled by Di2? We're coming from a 1998 Co-Pilot with bar end shifters. I could trim out almost any rub. I hate drivetrain noise.

The way I tended to adjust a standard mechanical rear derailleur was to shift into a mid gear, crank the pedals, turn the adjuster nut & count the number of clicks from moving up a gear to moving down. This was usually about 20 clicks. I then divide by 2 (10 clicks) & back it off this far - reasoning that this should center the cage with the cog. With Di2 does anyone know how many "clicks" there are in a full shift step? Is it the same front & rear? Also, it appears that the front derailleur seems to "catch-up" to the rear in small steps when shifting (correct?). If so, how many rear steps per front adjustment? Is this controllable?

I realize that most of these questions could be answered in the bike mechanics forum, but I find that most of the nice & smart folks hang out here.

Thanks again.