View Single Post
Old 02-22-16, 03:53 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,412 Times in 912 Posts
I'll bump this, just to inform people what happens when 4 cyclists in a pace line, on the R, wearing high-Vis, get hit.

The youngest rider was released with multiple minor fractures. I'm not sure what they are. 34 years old.

The 57 year old man has multiple fractures, including a leg, but can move around, so they sent him home.

The 57 year old lady is a high-mileage rider, probably puts most of us in the dust on mileage and speed. She has a broken pelvis and has had other fractures set with pins and screws, is having more surgeries on her pelvis today. She has a huge gash on her head being held together with staples, and has been conscious.

The 60-year old and a very accomplished cyclist has not regained consciousness yet. He is on a ventilator because multiple fractures besides facial fractures and skull fracture are interfering with breathing. A shunt has been placed to reduce brain swelling. Significant head trauma. Looks like months in a hospital or facility.

One of my acquaintances does about 30,000k a year riding. His main partner was the female rider, and a group of about 7 or 8 of them discussed Saturday riding and Sunday riding, and these four chose that particular ride.