View Single Post
Old 02-24-16, 10:57 AM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
My interest in seeing world-wide car use reduced is out of concern for others - is that big enough?
Well that's amazing! I had no idea you had that kind of control or power. If a normal person was to make a statement like that... they might be considered delusional.

See.... for ordinary people like myself.... I have to look inward and find what I can change about myself and my behavior that in turn might positively affect the lives of others. Leaders.... make those changes and others see their efforts producing results. And movements grow around those leaders. Or NOT. But putting together a group of followers.... or a cult (I believe is the proper term) requires a charismatic personality. Ether you got it.. or you don't.

All religions have their rituals, ceremonies, and formalized modes of behavior. Devotee's to these religious practices are common. It would seem as though you've found your niche in this area of your life. It may very well be a big part as to what makes you... you. Maybe... that's enough.

I know.... it may be difficult for some to see how someone attending a daily sacrament of the Eucharist (Mass)... as the same as some one avoiding car transport, or recycling used packaging. But as to how the mind works they are exactly the same. Devotion to the rituals. practices, and beliefs are the same in all religions. Even the religions created in our own minds.

Last edited by Dave Cutter; 02-24-16 at 11:26 AM.