Old 02-24-16, 02:00 PM
spectastic
commu*ist spy

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby
If I need to explain the difference between "most" and "all," I really can't help you.

Anyway, fine. Fair enough. I don't care to go dredging up studies nor digging up old posts by members whose expertise I actually trust who actually went and did tunnel time with different shoe covers and found most of them were useless. I really just wanted to point out that sometimes "aero" accessories aren't actually validated by testing before going on sale, and just cause they "make sense" doesn't mean validation is unnecessary. So sure, I suppose I have no better a leg to stand on than you do. The difference, though, is you're wrong to insist that Product X is faster because it's smoother. It ain't necessarily so.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone went on expensive time riding in the tunnel wearing different booties (excuse my crude assumption that what you mean by doing tunnel time means riding in the tunnel and not doing a more controlled test without the rider in order to alleviate human error) would not notice anything. 1 to 3 w difference is like 1% or less. I merely implied that booties im general are helpful, are cheaper than frames, and together with the other relative inexpensive accessoriez, can lead to bigger gains. And for crying out loud it's a piece of fabric. How many ways can they get it wrong? Yeah ok it shouldnt come with a little parachute that flaps around in the wind, and wool is probably a poor choice. Really.. just how different can they really be? We're not designing astraunaut gloves here