Old 02-25-16, 03:37 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
huh? I just bought a pack of 100 patches and a huge can of cement. I was saying that I'm going to carry a spare tube (which I've been doing anyway), and ditch my Park patch kit for just a tiny pack of glueless patches on the slim chance that my spare tube punctures before I get home, because the glueless patch container is takes up much less space than the Park patch kit.
Oh, OK. But I think the general consensus (though not unanimous) is to ditch the glueless patches altogether, whether you're carrying a spare tube or not. I understand that there are a few people who have had success with them, but most of the riders I know and who have posted here would never use them again.

Truthfully, this is a silly conversation at this point. A patch kit with 2-3 patches and a small tube of glue costs less than a Whopper and is so tiny, you'll probably lose it in your saddle bag before you'll ever need to use it. If you think the Park patch kit is too big, perhaps you might want to take everything out of it and leave the individual items loose in your bag.