Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
NAHBS 2016: amatuerish iPhone photos

Today I attended the National Handbuilt Bike Show in the Sac convention center. I'm not a connoisseur but rather an engineer, probably more interested in how stuff works than aesthetics, so if you want a complete set of photos of all the customs, this is probably not your thread! This is just what caught my eye to get me to take a photo.

The first thing you see walking into the entrance is a small Shimano display of an M9000 crankset and a mid-drive electric assist. The crank was sectioned to show its hollowness, I told the rep it was half the weight of any crankset I'd seen before... I guess I knew it wasn't that funny. The next thing that catches your eye is the Steve Rex display. This frame has a little something for everyone:

Untitled by Darth Lefty, on Flickr

California brands were well represented. I got to meet BF member @LelandJT at the Santana booth, where they were showing off this prototype fatbike:

Paragon components. Clearly they make dropouts. They also wear pink Chucks. The guy who was about to talk to me was suddenly distracted by the cute girl in the next booth, though.

Calfee had two booths, one for their main business and this one for their DIY bamboo kit

A couple of neato cargo rigs from Frances bikes, a Tourist/Cross with a Farfahrer trailer in matching color, and a Smallhaul with cable steering:

I was keeping an eye out for kid bikes, there weren't a lot. This guy (Sycip) made customs for his own kids, and it was fun to see lived-in bikes at the show:

This custom balance bike had premium dropouts and hubs and other stuff, but once again I failed to get the name of the company into the photo:

This is not a custom balance bike but it might be the only one I've ever seen with a rack on it:

Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 02-28-16 at 04:02 PM.