Old 02-27-16, 05:37 AM
bicyclequeen

Bikes: 2005 Giant Transport SX, stationary bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raging case of Achilles -- advice appreciated.

OK fellow bicyclists. I have a raging case of insertional Achilles Tendinitis (tendonitis?). What do I have to do to get rid of this? My usual routine: from sleeping to getting out of bed > I warm up my calf with a heating pad then gently rotate ankle; after about 15 minutes of warming up I put my feet and legs over the side of the bed and Gently move my legs and calves and ankles to get a blood flowing. Sometimes I use NSAIDS. I just came off of three weeks of Celebrex use thinking all was fine. Then the Celebrex wore off and I was back at square one. Sometimes I wear an ankle lace up brace. I always ice it as soon as I go to bed. I take ice to bed with me and leave it at the foot of the bed and just lay my foot and Ankle on it as I sleep on my side. I have a night sock (Stratford). Not sure about using it and how to use it. I have the back of my tennis shoe cut out. I am wearing moderate shoe lifts on top of the inserts in my tennis shoes. I see my foot doctor again in about six days. What am I missing here folks? Thank you in advance for any responses.