Old 02-29-16, 02:47 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by dunderhi
I feel like I can already do a faster pursuit in the middle of Winter than I have for the past two years in the peak of Summer,...
Ah...the promise that all power meters make to new owners

It's almost like having a new lover!

Originally Posted by dunderhi
I consider my former HR based training data to be virtually useless, since I am already putting out more power at a lower heart rate in the same tests under identical conditions.
Actually, HR and Power are closely related. HR is something like 10s behind power when you chart it.

Basically:

- HR shows your level of exertion from 10s ago.
- Power shows your current level of exertion.

Yes, one is better than the other. But, is getting that information 10s earlier worth $3,000?

Originally Posted by Godsight
Well the bike improvements that could truly change something are banned by the UCI : non-diamond frames (lotus,90s gt etc) and superman or obree position
Yeah, that's the engineer's #1 complaint (and rightfully so). How can you improve on a product that has been out for 100 years and every ounce of improvement has already been made.

This is why TT and Triathletes like racing non-UCI events because they aren't subject to those rules. And the bike manufacturers get to go nuts. There are enough participants in the non-UCI events to cover the costs of engineering and production. That's why the Shiv exists! It's flying in the face of the archaic UCI rules with the huge downtube that isn't 3:1 compliant...but it's hella fast!: