Old 03-04-16, 07:51 PM
SchwinnSuburban

Bikes: Schwinn Suburban, Schwinn Varsity w/ monkey hanger handle bars, Raleigh SC30 (converted to E-bike), Miyata 312, Trek 730...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InTheRain
Congrats on your bionx! I've had mine a few months... I love it! I have the 350 DV. I didn't ever get the throttle installed. Pedal assist level 4 gets me wherever I've needed to go. I also get the feeling that there isn't a lot of love for Bionx in the ebike forums. I guess it's the proprietary nature of the product and the high price. However, it seems to deliver as promised and I haven't had any issues. It's been as simple as "get on and ride" for me. What bike do you have it on? My only regret is not having disc brakes... I'm getting my bike modified now to add tabs for disc brakes.
njt07 & InTheRain, Can't say I've encountered animosity towards BionX systems (not to say it isn't out there) I own a D500, there isn't a lot of coverage of BionX systems here because there isn't really much you can do to modify it--by design. Most of the posters here are more in to building from the ground up. Is one way or the other better? It depends on what you're looking for from an e-bike system. Me personally, I wanted "plug & play". My e-bike replaced my car, I was happy to pay for the reliability. 1500 miles so far and still very happy with my D500, rain & snow haven't been a problem so far. For my trips to the local "big" city which is mostly a flat trip, I get 50 miles of assist there and back. To go to the closer "big town" which is up and over the mountain, it's about 25 miles round trip, I get there and back too with assist. However, those numbers are slowly starting to go up because I'm losing weight and I'm using less assist.