View Single Post
Old 03-04-16, 09:33 PM
Vinnems

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Got some more stuff in from other shops:
-Ribble: Ordered a Stronglight A9 headset, Deda Speciale 26 handle bars, Campagnolo Ultrashift cable set, and Campagnolo skewers for my wheels. I now know that the last two things I ordered were pointless because they came with the shifters/wheels. Live and learn. When I saw the boxes say 'Original Spare Parts' I knew I had screwed up I'll see if i can return them without losing most of the cost to shipping to the UK.
I ordered on 2/21, they arrived today 3/4, so roughly two weeks in transit for the free shipping option. Everything came packed perfectly, double wrapped in bubble tape and not crammed into the box but snug. Whoever packed my box must've cut their hand because the receipt has a big bloody smear on it.
-Merlin: I ordered just a Deda RS01 seat post from them. They were the only ones who had the 27.2 mm size in stock, and ever with paying the shipping cost ($7.20) it was cheaper than US retailers.
Ordered 2/23, arrived 3/4. About the same as Ribble and Raceview at about two weeks. I chose the standard shipping with Merlin, which I think is the same shipping you would get if you met the order amount for free shipping.
Seat post was wrapped in bubble tape from the manufacturer, and Merlin wrapped in further in bubble tape and rolled it up in a large shipping bag, which was line with bubble tape.
-ProBikeKit: I ordered a set of Campagnolo Zonda wheels from them. They were the only UK site I could find that had them in stock, with decent shipping price, and they had coupons to knock the pricing down. Standard shipping was $20 for the wheels. I don't know why Ribble charges $50 for wheel deliveries. I don't think it should be that much.
The box didn't come with a receipt or anything, but that's because I'm pretty sure the wheels were never opened from the box Campagnolo sent them in. They just forwarded me the box. Still has Campagnolo tape and everything. They certainly did a great job packing it. Wheels were wrapped in foam and fit perfectly snug in the box. I took them out and examined them and they are in perfect condition. I like how they have a little tag from the final inspection on them. Classy.
Ordered them 2/19, arrived 3/4, so a little more than two weeks. It seems two weeks is the standard time, which for me is fine as my frame is still a ways out, but if you need things right away, you will have to pay for faster shipping methods.
I also heard from RaceView about the missing parts on my groupset. They were out of stock and they got them in yesterday and set them out.
I still have tires and tubes coming from TotalCycling, and my frame is coming from a site I will post about after it arrives.