View Single Post
Old 03-10-16, 11:38 AM
ButchA

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Del Rey, 25" frame, 12 speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Yes I did, during my break from my school bus (I go home around 9:00am and don't have to be back until around 1:00 or 1:15 at the latest). Anyway, I did a quick 14.25 miles in spite of the harsh wind gusts in an even 53:00 minutes for roughly 16 mph pace.

But things turned very scary on the return trip, as seen on my Facebook post:

"Wow, the wind gusts!!
During my break from my school bus, I took my old Fuji bike and went for a nice bicycle ride out to West Creek Pkwy and back. The wind was awful riding down Patterson, and it felt like I was only going about 10 mph, but on the way back I was flying along, so I guess it equalled out. 14.25 miles in an even 53 minutes for roughly 16 mph speed (+/- due to the wind). Now for the not-so-nice part: On the way back along Patterson, I had some {expletive** darn near run me off the road!! I mean, I was even wearing a bright, neon yellow, mesh bicycle safety vest!! Sorry for the extreme anger and foul language, but you can imagine... I screamed out "A**HOLE!!!" so loud it almost made my own ears ring!!! Virginia needs to do something to make motorists more aware of bicycle riders!! I mean, it was so close, it's a wonder his passengers side mirror didn't clip me!!!"