Old 03-10-16, 06:28 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by robabeatle
@Doge: I must be missing something as I was thinking before I scrolled down to see the numbers "ah christ another numbers post with just absurdly high values," but my zones are just under those listed and my peak is right around that shown as well. What am I missing?
Maybe nothing. Although 6.11W/kg 5 min is pretty good on the eWang charts.

The interesting parts (to me) are the low slope of the part over 6W/kg AND the HR Zones. He ran out of hill but held > 6W/kg past 7min. And I wish I had the lactate monitor on him - but oh well.

This was a training ride, and rare I get data from a PM and almost never at peak (I believe that 20+W/kg 18 months ago was peak because he was sprinting over a hill against some guys he wanted to beat and got a KOM).

His Zones have changed/he rides more time in lower zones post rowing. Z1 for over 50% of the time is different than what I was used to seeing last year. So all his HR Zones are lower now. But his max is the same. I'm thinking the muscle fatigue (and of course endurance) is now the largest factor as aerobic engine seems better than it was. I've been looking a bit into the Kaatsu training wondering if that might increase leg ability. Cadence is already high, guess we could go higher.