no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I don't have trouble with "biker". I was racing out of Boston in the '70s, the dark ages. I had the same experience with hardcore bikers several times. I'd be stopped at a light in a tough part of Boston. A fully leathered biker looking as tough as you could ask for on a HD would pull up next to me, then spend the entire light sequence looking me up and down, noting my black shorts, Italian shoes, shaved legs, the patterned jersey with pockets in back while I straddles a 20 pound machine. Light changes, he hits the throttle of his 800? pound bike and gives me a thumbs up. Every time. If I was in danger it would have been one of those bikers who would have stopped for me. I always regarded them as brothers by different parents.

Ben
You're probably about the same age I am. In the '70's the guys in the tee shirts that said they'd rather see their sister working in a ***** house or "chrome don't getcha home" and I were polar opposites but by 15 - 20 years ago I found I had more in common with them than the newer poser out for a brief ride from bar to bar. There were many times when I'd end up at at stop light next to one of them while I was riding my dirty airhead boxer with out of state plates and we'd look and nod to each other. I'd be wearing my full face helmet and well worn goretex riding jacket, while they'd be wearing well worn leathers or the ubiquitous black tee shirt but we were both out riding instead of sitting in a bar on a nice day. I think they knew I'd done a lot of the work on the bike as well as put a lot of the miles on and they respected that a lot more than the ability to buy a newer bike that had been modified to look like their friends bike by someone else. I rode by some of the 1%ers a few times too and never had a problem with them. I always made them look "bad" and they didn't bother anyone else either. But the outside noisy, inside empty types are another story.

***** It looks like the senors don't like the vulgar term for a woman who exchanges sexual favors for money.